The Pieps Pro Blue Tooth Avalanche Beacon is ideal for backcountry professionals and avid backcountry travelers who need full features and reliable performance. Its 3-antenna design ensures a more accurate, extensive search than 2-antenna beacons, and an impressive 60-meter range helps you get on the right track to your victim from a further distance. The Pro has a multiple burial function and flagging capabilities, meaning you can mark victims as you find them so your partner can begin probing while you locate the rest, and its Victim Selection scans the entire receiving range and indicates the closest three victims. If you get caught and buried in hangfire when your beacon is in receive mode, after it's still for a certain amount of time it'll switch back into send, enabling your signal to be picked up by your rescuers.
The PIEPS Pro BT beacon is a simple and streamlined beacon with all of the industry standards from one of the industry's best. The Sport is a 3 antenna beacon with an additional self checking reference antenna. The 50m circular search range provides a symmetrical search area. The smart transmitter will adjust signal to allow for the easiest solution during multiple burial situations, and the flagging system allows you to isolate victims as you move through the deposition. The antenna will also switch to the shorter antenna if it senses interference from your other electronics that you forget to keep at least 40 cm away from the beacon. The Sport beacon has a 200 plus hour battery life in send mode, running off 3 Alkaline AAA batteries. Battery life indicator shows battery life in thirds on the display. The firmware can be self updated via a USB cord. The included harness is one of the most comfortable we've tried. Prefer to pocket your beacon? At just an inch thick, the Sport fits nicely in the pant pocket. Either way, this 200 gram beacon carries well and at the ready.
- Neoprene material makes the harness sturdy and durable
- Digital display helps provide convenient reading
- Powered with lithium battery to provide uninterrupted usage for long hours
With a massive 60m circular range, mark and scan function for multiple burials, and an auto antenna switch that automatically adjusts to send the best signal, the redesigned PIEPS Pro BT beacon is still our industry-standard, professional-grade avalanche beacon, now with Bluetooth capabilities, an updated user interface and an all-new housing. The beacon’s Bluetooth connection allows you to manage settings, software updates and battery optimization from your smartphone, while the redesigned housing features soft-touch contact points for improved handling. In addition, it boasts a massive 60-meter circular range and 60-meter search strip. Throw in a self-check function for always-accurate antennas and Digital Signal Processing to account for wayward beacon signals, and the Pro BT is as reliable as it is capable. The included harness-style carrying pouch provides comfortable, streamlined storage and fast removal for beacon practice and emergency response.
- Redesigned housing with soft-touch contact points for improved ergonomics and handling
- Updated user interface with Bluetooth functionality—allows user to manage settings, software updates and optimization
- Three antennas
- Circular range for extended, symmetrical search area
- Mark and scan function for multiple burial scenarios
- Digital Signal Processor to pick up beacons transmitting drifted signals
- Integrated inclinometer for easy slope-angle assessment
- Continuous carrier mode for use with older, analog beacons
- Reliable direction and distance indication from the point of original signal
- Compatible with TX600 and iProbe for added search capabilities
- Updateable software via Bluetooth or USB (sold separately)
- Harness-style carrying pouch included